Per 50 min. Session
Information you need to know if you are considering using your health insurance to pay for counseling:
* Before your claim will be covered, insurance companies require that you be given a "mental health diagnosis", that may remain on your medical record, indefinitely.
* The insurance company will have access to (all) sensitive information shared (i.e. sexual history and drug use). If confidentiality is important to you, it may be compromised by using your insurance.
* The insurance company has control over how often, how long, and even IF you may see a (particular) therapist, independent of using your insurance benefits.
* Marriage or relationship counseling is typically not covered by insurance.
* You need to check with your insurance company to see what your out of pocket yearly deductable will be, for in network and out of network behavioral/mental health services.
For these reasons, I am on no insurance panels, and do not work directly with any insurance companies. It is important to me to work directly with my clients, and have no conflict of interests.
In light of all of this information, you may still choose to use your insurance for (partical) reimbursement (typically 60%) for my services.
Find out from your insurance company what your out of pocket dedutable will be for "out of network" mental/behavioral health services. You will need to pay in full for your session with me, at the time of your session. After your session, I will supply a receipt for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Cash, Check, Debit, VISA, Master Card, Discover, and HSA are accepted for payment, at the the time of your session.
If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified me at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session, as booked.
SCHEDULE ON LINE:
Request an appointment on line here. Evening and week-end appointments are available.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.